Come join our team! An opportunity hard to resist!
“Thinking of becoming a Law Enforcement Officer; the Houlton Police Department will guide you through the process, bring you on our team and build your career”. HPD encourages individuals with or without Law Enforcement experience to apply. It is time to make that change!
Come join the way of life that only Northern Maine can offer. Outdoor recreation, hunting, fishing in premiere lakes and streams, excellent extensive snowmobile and ATV trail system and moments away in isolation in the pristine North Maine Woods. All of this while serving a law enforcement friendly community in a fast-paced environment. The Houlton Police Department thrives on teamwork and service to community.
The Town of Houlton offers a comprehensive benefit package to include:
- Employee friendly work schedule. 2 days on duty and 5 days off weekly.
- Retention bonus for dedicated employees. An annual stipend based on years of service. Highest retention bonus is $5000.00 annually after 20 years.
- Competitive wage scale.
- Comprehensive benefit package.
- The Town of Houlton offers an “opt-out” option for health insurance up to $8400.00 annually depending on employee benefit status (employee, employee with family or employee with child).
- MePERS Retirement 3C plan. 25 years/no age/ at 2/3rd.
- Retirement health option available.
- Vacation time in addition to compensation time off.
- Physical fitness incentive bonus.
- Educational incentive bonus.
- Specialty training with additional compensation.
- Lateral transfer considered for starting pay rate.
Hiring Patrol Application Response
The town of Houlton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications, background booklets and supporting document list may be obtained below or in person at the Houlton Police Department, 97 Military Street, or the Houlton Town Offices, 21 Water Street.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit application, background booklet and supporting documents to:
Town of Houlton
21 Water Street
Houlton, Maine 04730